Quarantine Journals - Impeachment
On Wednesday, President Trump was impeached for the second time. The debate and boats went on all day long. I spent the day on and off listening to the speeches and crying. I could not listen to a single one of them without weeping. I didn't expect to get that emotional, but obviously I did. And then there were the speeches by the people saying that we just needed unity and to move forward, and that was like a whole new level of devastation. Oh, did I mention that several senators are now coming down with Covid because they were in a safe room with Republicans who refuse to put masks on? So they held the vote at the end of the day, and only 10, maybe 17? Republicans voted to impeach him. The rest of them either didn't vote, or voted against impeachment. All the Democrats voted for impeachment. Mitch McConnell says he's in sport in support of impeachment but that he won't bring the Senate back into session to do the hearings. Which means that it won't actually go thr...

Comments
Post a Comment