ENT

Just sharing an update. We went to the ENT today and it was yet another hot mess. He was super anxious about them doing anything since all his appts have involved unpleasant experiences (injections, blood pricks, etc). He freaked out the minute they tried to put anything in his years, and the lady just kept getting louder and louder telling him everything was okay. It was stressing ME out.

Ladies and gentle, today I shushed a grown ass woman like she was a crying infant. And it worked. Ha.

He did the hearing test, and when we were almost done, he proudly told the lady "I couldn't hear the beep, but I just put the block in anyway." I could tell he was just watching her for cues, and it was so predictable it was ridiculous. I pointed this out to her as gently as I could. He wants to do well, he wants to participate. She told him she had to do it again and I was trying to explain to him how the test works and why it is important to stop gaming the system.

She said it showed hearing loss in his RIGHT ear. Which is the opposite ear that showed hearing loss at the screening. Which of course made everyone go .

The doctor says he doesn't think he has hearing loss because they did some probe thing that showed the hairs in his ears are vibrating appropriately, but they want to do another hearing test with two techs to be sure. Pretty much to avoid the cues I was telling them about, but every time I brought up that he was trying to get it right even when he couldn't hear it, they said that was impossible... the techs know what they are doing. I mean, okay... whatever.

So we go back next week. I don't feel better but I don't feel worse / anxious. It's just another one of those things that no one is going to be able to explain and that just wraps up most of my appointments with Oliver.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Oliver will see you now

Your dad