Oliver 6th Birthday

You had such a nice birthday today. We started it out with a walk to the playground, and I delivered custom made super Mario donuts so that we could eat them together outside. Then we loaded up the car and surprised you by taking you to a theater to see the new spider verse movie Which he really enjoyed, but also thought it was a bit intense. It was nearly 2 1/2 hours, and that was a lot to ask in a movie theater.

When we asked you what you would like to eat for lunch, and he said "because Penny is feeling kind of jealous, I would like her to choose." And your sister's face lit up like a lightbulb, and she chose sonic because she knew that was some thing that you would also like. So we took you guys to sonic and got you kids meals with milkshakes. 

I asked you where next and you said home. So we came home, and you and Penny took showers, and then you told me it was time to open gifts. You opened what you thought were all of your gifts, but in reality, we have save some to hide around the house tomorrow, and even a few more for you to open on Saturday when we have your party with grandpa.

 You seem to like the gifts, but I know they weren't exactly what you were wanting. You've been asking for the giant, super Mario, Nintendo, Lego set, which is a bit above your skill level, and our price range, and a original game boy, which is also expensive and I don't think you would actually enjoy. But we've been going back-and-forth about it.

 After lunch, you and Penny played video games at your own direction, and then you built some Legos, while Penny and I played a boardgame. I asked you what you wanted for dinner, and you said red lobster. So your dad went to pick up red lobster, and we ate it while we finished watching Toy story two.  After that, you curled up in the bed with your dad and read a book and fell asleep pretty quickly.

You were very thoughtful and considerate of including your sister today, and I know she appreciated it. There were no huge meltdowns or wild signs of dysregulation, and everybody had a really nice day. And I hope that you had a really nice day too. And I hope you know how special you are. And I hope you know how much we love you. You are one of the sweetest, most snuggly list, considerate kids I have ever met. And I know we have  moments of big upset, but your heart is so kind and wonderful. And I hope you will always know how much we love you.

Happy birthday.
Love,
Mom. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Oliver will see you now

Your dad